250g yee mee
75g vegetarian char siew (sliced)
175g cabbage (cut into strips)
80g carrot (cut into strips)
2 tbsp vegetarian dried shrimps
2 tbsp vegetarian pork lard
1-inch young ginger (shredded)
3 tbsp cooking oil
Seasonings: (mixed well)
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp cooking caramel
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
½ tsp caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 cup water
- Bring some water to a boil. Add in yee mee and loosen the noodles. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Heat up a wok with 3 tbsp of cooking oil, saute the vegetarian dried shrimps and vegetarian pork lard until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the shredded young ginger until fragrant.
- Add in cabbage, carrot and seasonings. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in yee mee, continue to simmer until the yee mee absorb most of the sauce.
- Add in vegetarian char siew, vegetarian dried shrimps and vegetarian pork lard. Toss well.
- Dish out and serve.