4 free range eggs
50ml heavy cream
½ tbsp caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup chopped spring onion
1 tsp cooking oil
1 tbsp cooking oil
½ medium onion (sliced)
1 slice streaky bacon (cut into strips)
100ml heavy cream
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
1 slice cheddar cheese
2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, add in eggs, heavy cream, caste sugar and salt. Beat thoroughly. Add the chopped spring onion and mix evenly.
- Heat a tamagoyaki pan on low heat and lightly coat with cooking oil using a silicone brush.
- Drop in a bit of the egg mixture and make sure it sizzles. Ladle the egg mixture into the pan and quickly distribute it. When the egg surface almost dry, roll the egg sheet backwards. Push the egg roll toward the front of the pan and then re-coat the pan with the cooking oil. Make sure the pan is still hot and ladle the egg mixture into it, distributing the egg again. Lift the egg roll and make sure to spread the egg mixture underneath it. When the egg almost firms up, roll it backwards again, adding another layer to the egg roll. Push the roll to the front and coat the pan with the cooking oil again. Repeat the process for 4 times in total. If the egg sheet puffs up, poke it with the chopstick to remove the air, flattening the surface. Finally, gently press the egg roll against the edge of the pan, adjusting the shape.
- Transfer the rolled omelette onto a cutting board and leave to cool a bit before slicing into 6 equal pieces. Arrange the rolled omelette onto a serving platter.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the sliced onion and bacon strips until fragrant.
- Add in heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Add in cheddar cheese, stir until melted.
- Season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Lastly, add in the shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour the cream cheese sauce on top of the rolled omelette. Garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve.