Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Patricia Lee’s Delicious Nyonya Kueh & Desserts
125g almond strips
225g all-purpose flour
113g icing sugar
110ml corn oil
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 free range egg yolk
- Fry almond strips over low heat in a dry wok until lightly golden and pound coarsely. Reserve 25g of fried almonds for topping.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all-purpose flour, icing sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add in corn oil and crushed almonds. Knead to form dough.
- Shape dough with cookie cutters and brush with egg wash. Decorate cookies with fried almonds. Bake at 160C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Keep cookies in air-tight container when completely cool.