1 cup raw peanut
1 cup caster sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
¼ cup water
1/8 tsp salt
½ tbsp unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
- Heat up a large non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add in raw peanut, caster sugar, light corn syrup, water and salt. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Stir frequently until a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into hard and brittle threads.
- Remove from heat; immediately stir in soften unsalted butter, pure vanilla extract and baking soda; pour at once onto a lined baking sheet with silicone baking mat.
- With 2 forks, lift and pull peanut mixture into desire thickness; cool. Snap candy into pieces.