250g ground beef
250g ground pork
¾ cup mashed potatoes
¼ cup chopped onion
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp full cream milk
1 egg (lightly beaten)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp all spice
3 tbsp unsalted butter (divided)
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
200ml beef stock
100ml heavy cream
2 tsp light soy sauce
1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat up a saucepan with 1 tbsp of unsalted butter. Saute the chopped onion until turn soft. Remove and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add ground beef, ground pork, mashed potatoes, breadcrumbs, full cream milk, beaten eggs, salt, ground black pepper and all spice. Mix to combine.
- Take 2 tbsp of mixture and shape into meatballs. Repeat the same until all the ingredients has been used up.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of unsalted butter. Carefully place the meatballs into the skillet and cook on medium-high heat, turning the meatballs with tongs to ensure the meatballs cook evenly. Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- Decrease the heat to low and add in all-purpose flour. Stir the flour into the liquids in the skillet until it turns light brown colour. Add in beef stock, light soy sauce, coarsely ground black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add in heavy cream and continue stirring until combined.
- Add in the meatballs, continue to simmer on medium high heat until meatballs are thoroughly heated and sauce has thickened to desire consistency.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve with mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam.