1.5kg whole chicken (cleaned and cut into pieces)
15g ginseng roots
20g dang shen
30g dried longan
10 pieces red dates (pitted)
2 tbsp wolfberries
2 tsp salt
- Blanch the chicken pieces in boiling water, rinse well, drained and set aside.
- Add 2000ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in chicken pieces, ginseng roots, dang shen, dried longan, red dates and wolfberries. Bring to a boil again.
- Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour.
- Skim off the excess fat.
- Season with salt and serve hot.