400g pork tenderloin (cut into cubes)
120g green capsicum (cut into wedges)
120g tomatoes (cut into wedges)
70g pineapple (cut into small pieces)
1 onion (cut into wedges)
1 stalk spring onion (sectioned)
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
½ tsp salt
1 tsp caster sugar
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
¼ tsp five spice powder
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1/3 cup potato starch
Sweet & Sour Sauce:
80ml rice vinegar
1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 sour plum (cored)
100g slab sugar
35g tomato paste
½ tsp potato starch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Marinate the pork cubes with marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Mix the marinated pork with beaten egg and coat each pieces with potato starch evenly.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the pork cubes in hot oil until half cooked. Drain the oil. Deep fry the pork again until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the green capsicum, onion and spring onion until fragrant. Mix in tomato and pineapple. Pour in sweet & sour sauce. Cook until sugar dissolves. Mix in the potato starch solution.
- Add deep-fried pork and fry quickly. Dish out and serve.