310g spam (cut into cubes)
¼ cup Shandong peanuts (peeled)
½ tsp Sichuan peppercorns
4 dried chillies (cut into halved)
1 red onion (cut into wedges)
1-inch young ginger (shredded)
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
1 stalk spring onion (sectioned)
¼ cup cooking oil
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking caramel
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tsp caster sugar
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with ¼ cup of cooking oil. Saute the Shandong peanuts on low heat until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to pan-fry the spam until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Leave 1 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute the Sichuan peppercorns on low heat until fragrant. Discard the peppercorns.
- Use the infused oil to saute the dried chillies, red onion, young ginger, garlic and white part of the spring onion until fragrant.
- Add in the Shandong peanuts, spam and seasonings. Constantly stirring until well combine and the spam has absorb most of the sauce.
- Add in the green part of spring onion. Toss well.
- Dish out and serve.