½ cup ground almond
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/8 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
75ml groundnut oil
1 egg yolk
- In a mixing bowl, add in ground almond, all-purpose flour, caster sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
- Add in groundnut oil. Mix to combine and knead into a dough.
- Take a tbsp of the dough and shape into balls. Repeat the same for the remaining dough. Total yield 16 pieces.
- Place the dough balls onto a lined baking sheet with 2-inch spacing from each other.
- Use a pastry brush to apply egg wash over the dough balls and place an almond on top of each cookie and press down to flatten slightly.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely on wire rack before storing in an air-tight container.