300g glutinous rice (soaked for 6 hours and drained)
30g dried shiitake mushroom (soaked until soften, discard the stem and dice the caps)
1 pair Chinese sausage (diced)
2 tbsp dried shrimps (soaked, drained and chopped)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp groundnut oil
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp cooking caramel
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
½ cup toasted peanuts
1 red chilli (sliced diagonally)
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of groundnut oil. Saute the chopped garlic and dried shrimps until fragrant.
- Add in diced shiitake mushroom and Chinese sausage. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in glutinous rice and seasonings. Constantly stirring until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto a steaming plate.
- Add in water and steam at preheated steamer on medium-high heat for 45 minutes or until soft and cooked.
- Remove from steamer. Dish out, garnish with toasted peanuts, red chilli and chopped spring onion. Serve.