90g chopped walnuts
100ml groundnut oil
80g caster sugar
230g cake flour
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 egg (lightly beaten)
2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, add in groundnut oil, egg and caster sugar. Whisk until combined.
- Add in cake flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add in chopped walnuts. Knead into a dough.
- Take a tbsp of the dough and shape into balls. Place the dough balls 1-inch spacing from each other on a lined baking sheet with silicone baking mat. Repeat the process until all dough has been used up.
- Use a teaspoon to flatten each of the dough, brush with egg wash and decorate with black sesame seeds.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.