Tested Recipe Adapted from www.maangchi.com
450g baby potatoes
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp rice syrup
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Wash and rinse the baby potatoes. Strain.
- Add the cooking oil to a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat. Add the potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes until fully cooked. Shake and move the skillet every 5 minute so that the potatoes cook evenly and don’t burn.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the soy sauce, rice syrup, and garlic. Stir it all together with a wooden spoon.
- Turn up the heat to medium. Keep stirring and cooking for another 5 minutes until the sauce is reduced and the potatoes look shiny and wrinkly.
- Remove from the heat and mix with the extra virgin sesame oil. Sprinkle toasted white sesame seeds over top.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice.