113g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
¾ cup caster sugar
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup ground almond
Zest of 1 lemon
- In a mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the unsalted butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, beat till combine.
- Add in all-purpose flour, ground almond and lemon zest. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions and wrap each portion with a cling wrap into a log and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the cling wrap and slice into ¼-in thick slices.
- Transfer the cookies on a lined baking sheet with 1-inch spacing from each other and bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
- Leave to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.