60g pickled radish
60g chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 red chilli (seeded and chopped)
2 tbsp cooking oil (divided)
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tsp light soy sauce
½ tsp ground white pepper
- Heat up a saucepan with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the pickled radish, chopped red onion, garlic and red chilli until fragrant. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- In a bowl, add in eggs and seasonings and beat thoroughly. Add the sautéed pickled radish, red onion, garlic and red chilli. Mix evenly.
- Heat a tamagoyaki pan on low heat and lightly coat with cooking oil using a silicone brush.
- Drop in a bit of the egg mixture and make sure it sizzles. Ladle the egg mixture into the pan and quickly distribute it. When the egg surface almost dry, roll the egg sheet backwards. Push the egg roll toward the front of the pan and then re-coat the pan with the cooking oil. Make sure the pan is still hot and ladle the egg mixture into it, distributing the egg again. Lift the egg roll and make sure to spread the egg mixture underneath it. When the egg almost firms up, roll it backwards again, adding another layer to the egg roll. Push the roll to the front and coat the pan with the cooking oil again. Repeat the process for 4 times in total. If the egg sheet puffs up, poke it with the chopstick to remove the air, flattening the surface. Finally, gently press the egg roll against the edge of the pan, adjusting the shape.
- Transfer the egg roll onto a cutting board and leave to cool completely.
- Cut the egg roll into 8 equal pieces. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve as a side dish.