Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.adorasbox.com
Ingredients: (serves 6)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 onion, cut into chunks
2 boneless chicken whole legs, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 pieces chorizo, sliced
2 tbsp tomato purée (paste)
1 cup uncooked Thai jasmine or long grain rice
1/2 cup of uncooked glutinous rice
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp of kasubha (safflower) toasted and crushed
3 hotdog sausages, cut diagonally
2 potatoes, cut into big chunks
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup of coconut milk
1/2 sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
1/3 cup sultanas
1/3 cup of frozen green peas
1. Soak the jasmine and glutinous rice in water for an hour. Drain very well.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C.
3. Heat up a sauté pan and add the 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the garlic until light brown, then add the onions. Cook until translucent but not soft.
4. Add the chicken pieces and the sliced chorizo. Stir. When the chicken meat has changed colour, add the tomato purée (paste) and the fish sauce. Stir until the tomato purée fully coats the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the sultanas, peppers and green peas, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat on low and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the sweet peppers and sultanas and stir.
6. Transfer to an oven proof dish. Set this dish inside a bigger pan and add water to reach halfway up its sides. Cover both pans tightly with foil. Bake for an hour, stirring at half time.
7. When done, take out of the oven and add the green peas and cover again. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
8. Take out of the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.