450g radish (cubed)
1 ½ tsp salt
2 tsp caster sugar
1 ½ tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced young ginger
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 ½ tbsp hot pepper flakes
2 tbsp juice from the radish
- In a mixing bowl, add in cubed radish, salt and caster sugar. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Drain the juice from the radish into a small bowl.
- Add minced garlic, young ginger, chopped spring onion, fish sauce, hot pepper flakes and 2 tbsp of juice from the radish and mix it well until the seasonings coat the radish cubes evenly, and the radish looks juicy.
- Put the kkakdugi into a glass jar and press down on the top of it to remove any air from between the radish cubes.
- You can eat it right away or store it in the refrigerator for later use.