200g bee hoon (soaked and drained)
200g shrimps (shelled, deveined with the tail intact)
185g celery (cut into match stick)
60g carrot (cut into match stick)
1 red chilli (seeded and shredded)
1 red onion (thinly sliced)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
3 tbsp cooking oil (divided)
¼ cup xo sauce
¼ tsp ground white pepper
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
1 tsp caster sugar
½ tsp salt
½ cup water
- Heat up a wok with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Add in bee hoon, separate them by using a spatula and lightly pan-fried. Remove and set aside for later use.
- Add 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the wok, saute the sliced onion and chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in shrimps, saute until half-cooked.
- Add in celery and carrot, lightly sautéed.
- Add in seasonings and bee hoon. Constantly stirring until well combined and bee hoon has absorb most of the sauce.
- Add in shredded red chilli. Toss well.
- Dish out and serve.