Ingredients: (serves 3)
3 cups cooked rice
110g boneless & skinless chicken breast (diced)
80g shelled & deveined prawns (diced)
¾ cup mixed vegetables
1 red onion (chopped)
1 ½ tbsp chopped garlic
3 green bird’s eye chillies (flattened)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
2 tsp light soy sauce
¼ tsp cooking caramel
1 tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
¾ tsp salt
¾ tsp ground white pepper
3 tsp corn flour
3 tsp water
3 tsp cooking oil
¼ cup chilli sauce
¼ cup fried shallot
¼ cup chopped spring onion
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute chopped onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in diced chicken and prawns, saute until cooked.
- Add in green bird’s eye chillies and mixed vegetables, stir to combine.
- Add in cooked rice and seasonings. Constantly stirring until well combined.
- Dish out and divide into 3 equal portions.
- To assemble:
- Mix 1 tsp of corn flour with 1 tsp of water into corn flour solution.
- In a bowl, add in 2 eggs, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground white pepper and corn flour solution. Whisk to combine.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tsp of cooking oil on medium high heat. Use a silicone brush to apply the cooking oil throughout the skillet.
- Pour in egg mixture. Swirl the pan to make an omelette as thin and as large as possible.
- Turn heat to low and continue to cook until the egg mixture are 90% set.
- Turn off heat and use the remaining heat from the skillet to cook the omelette.
- Place 1 portion of the rice at the middle of the omelette.
- Fold the 4 edges of the omelette to wrap the nasi goreng.
- Place a flat serving plate over the wrapped omelette and carefully flip it over.
- Repeat the process for the other two more portion of nasi goreng.
- Garnish the nasi goreng pattaya with chilli sauce, fried shallot and chopped spring onion.