1 no x 1.5kg whole chicken (cleaned and quartered)
2 ribs celery (sectioned)
1 carrot (cut into chunks)
1 onion (sliced)
5 cloves garlic (peeled)
1 sprig sweet basil
1 sprig parsley
1 sprig thyme
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 onion (thinly sliced)
2 ribs celery (sliced)
1 carrot (sliced)
2 tsp salt
- Add 2500ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil. Add in chicken pieces, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme and black peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in fettuccine and continue to simmer until al-dente. Remove, drained and divide equally into 4 individual serving bowl.
- Remove the chicken pieces. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat off the bones. Shred the meat into small bite size pieces.
- Discard the vegetables, herbs and black peppercorns.
- Add the thinly sliced onion, celery and carrot into the soup. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Ladle the piping hot broth into serving bowls with fettuccine and top with shredded chicken meat.
- Serve hot.