4 duck eggs
1/3 cup cooking oil
1/3 tsp turmeric powder
2 shallots (chopped)
2 tsp chopped garlic
¼ tsp chilli powder
2 tomatoes (chopped)
2 tsp fish sauce
½ tsp salt
2 green chillies (seeded and cut into strips)
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil on medium high heat. Add in duck eggs and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Discard the hot water and top with cold water to cool the duck eggs completely.
- Shelled the duck eggs and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium high heat with 1/3 cup of cooking oil with 1/3 tsp of turmeric powder. Stir to dissolve.
- Add in shelled duck eggs, pan-fry until golden and a little blistered all over. Remove and drained. Leave to cool completely before cutting into half lengthwise and set aside.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute the chopped shallots and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and chilli powder. Saute until the tomatoes become soften mass.
- Stir in fish sauce, salt and green chillies strips. Stir to combine.
- Place the eggs cut side down in the sauce and toss to coat.
- Dish out and serve.