1 no x 450g black pomfret (cleaned)
100g young ginger (shredded)
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp corn flour
Black vinegar sauce:
2 tbsp black vinegar
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 stalk cilantro (sectioned)
- Marinate the black pomfret with salt and coat evenly with corn flour.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying.
- Add in shredded young ginger. Saute until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drained.
- Use the remaining oil to pan-fry the black pomfret until golden brown on both sides. Remove and transfer to a serving platter.
- Remove the excess cooking oil from the skillet.
- Add in black vinegar, light soy sauce and caster sugar. Bring to a boil. Pour the black vinegar sauce on top of the fish.
- Top with crispy ginger, garnish with chopped spring onion and cilantro.