550g cauliflower (cut into florets)
1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
5 dried chillies (halved)
1 red onion (cut into wedges)
1-inch young ginger (thinly sliced)
2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
1 stalk spring onion (sectioned)
½ red capsicum (seeded and cut into wedges)
½ green capsicum (seeded and cut into wedges)
¼ cup roasted peanuts
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
2 tsp cooking caramel
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tbsp water
½ tsp corn flour mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Bring some water to a boil. Add in cauliflower florets and blanch until tender crisp. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the Sichuan peppercorns on low heat until fragrant. Discard the peppercorns.
- Use the infused oil to saute the dried chillies, red onion, young ginger, garlic and white part of spring onion until fragrant.
- Add in cauliflower, red & green capsicums, green part of spring onion and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Thicker the sauce with corn flour solution.
- Add in roasted peanuts. Toss well.
- Dish out and serve with rice.