Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from K.S.Lee’s Authentic Homestyle Cuisines
½ free range chicken (cleaned)
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp bean paste
2 tbsp minced garlic
3 red bird’s eye chillies (chopped)
100g canned pineapple (diced)
3 tbsp plum sauce
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
3 tbsp cooking oil
¼ cup water mixed with 1 tbsp corn flour
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 stalk cilantro (use leaves only)
- Rinse and drained the chicken. Rub with salt and marinate for 1 hour.
- Transfer the marinated chicken on a steaming plate and steam at high heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the special sauce:
- Heat up cooking oil in a saucepan, saute minced garlic and bean paste until fragrant.
- Add in chopped red bird’s chillies, diced pineapple and plum sauce, fry evenly.
- Add in chicken seasoning powder and corn flour solution, cook over low heat until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove steamed chicken from the steamer. Leave to cool completely.
- Chop the steamed chicken into pieces and transfer on a serving platter.
- Top with special sauce, garnish with chopped spring onion and cilantro leaves.