1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp honey
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp canola oil
1 ½ tsp instant dried yeast
½ cup water
½ cup diced skinless & boneless chicken breast
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 slices streaky bacon (cut into strips)
3 tbsp BBQ sauce (divided)
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
1 pc canned pineapple ring (cut into small pieces)
½ red onion (thinly sliced)
1 stalk cilantro (use leaves only)
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook, mix the honey, salt, canola oil, instant dried yeast and water.
- Add the all-purpose flour gradually until a soft dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and knead it for couple of minutes. Transfer the dough into a bowl, cover and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings:
- Marinate the diced chicken breast with ¼ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of coarsely ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat up a saucepan on low heat. Add in bacon strips, cook until the fat is released and the meat is crisp and browned. Remove and set aside.
- Use the bacon fat to cook the marinated chicken breast until no longer pink.
- Add in 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce, stir to combine. Remove and set aside.
- Spray an 8-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Shape and flatten dough out in a circle onto the pizza pan.
- Spread 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce evenly over dough. Top with ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, then top cheese with chicken, bacon, pineapple and red onion. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake at 225C until crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven, top with cilantro leaves.
- Cut into slices and serve.