3 pieces blue mackerel fillet (350g)
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
Seasonings: (mixed well)
3 tbsp kikkoman soys sauce
1 ½ tbsp sake
1 ½ tbsp mirin
1 ½ tbsp caster sugar
1 ½ tbsp water
3 tbsp potato flour
1 tsp toasted white sesame seed
1 stalk spring onion (shredded)
- Rinse, drain and pat-dry the mackerel fillet with paper towel.
- Coating potato flour evenly on the fillet.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying. Pan-fry the coated fillet until golden brown.
- Remove the fillet and discard the excess cooking oil.
- Pour the seasonings mixture into the pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and add in the pan-fried fillet, stir to combine and continue to simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Dish out on a serving platter, garnish with white toasted sesame seeds and shredded spring onion. Serve.