350g bread flour
25g caster sugar
50ml canola oil
1 ¼ tsp instant dried yeast
- In a small bowl, add in ¼ cup of water and instant dried yeast. Stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, caster sugar and salt. Whisk to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture. Add in canola oil and gradually add in the remaining water to form a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface and continue to knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and place in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and shape into a loaf.
- Place the dough into a pre-greased 4×8-inch loaf pan. Press the top of the dough lightly to form an even surface and transfer to the cold oven for 2nd round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Unmould and leave to cool completely before slicing.