350g skinless & boneless chicken breast (sliced into bite-sized pieces)
5 shallots (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 red onion (sliced)
1 lemongrass (white part only, flattened)
220g cauliflower (cut into florets)
¼ carrot (cut into strips)
2 long beans (sectioned)
1 tomato (sliced)
6 baby young corn (halved)
3 kaffir lime leaves
5 red bird’s eye chillies (flattened)
5 green bird’s eye chillies (flattened)
1 tbsp chilli paste
2 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 calamansi (juiced)
- Heat up a wok with 3 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the sliced shallot, onion, chopped garlic and lemongrass until fragrant.
- Add in chilli paste, saute until oil separates.
- Add in chicken slices, saute until no longer pink.
- Add in cauliflower, carrot, long bean and ½ cup of water. Stir to combine and continue to simmer until the cauliflower become tender crisp.
- Add in tomato, baby young corn, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, fish sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce, sugar and salt. Stir to combine and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in kaffir lime leaves, red & green bird’s eye chillies. Stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat.
- Add in calamansi juice. Stir to combine.
- Dish out and serve with rice.