650g skinless & boneless chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup bread crumbs mixed with 1 cup water
2 tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
2 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp corn syrup
½ tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp crushed toasted peanuts
- Marinate the chicken pieces with Chinese cooking wine, salt and ground white pepper and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Coat the marinated chicken pieces with all-purpose flour, follow by bread crumbs mixture. Deep-fry until lightly golden. Remove and drained.
- Heat up the cooking oil again, double fry the chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove and drained.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with seasoning sauce on medium high heat. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and add in deep-fried chicken pieces. Toss to coat evenly.
- Dish out, garnish with crushed toasted peanuts. Serve.