500g extra firm tofu (cut into bite-sized pieces)
½ red capsicum (seeded and cut into wedges)
1 red onion (cut into wedges)
½ English cucumber (cut into half lengthwise and slice diagonally)
3 pcs canned pineapple ring (cut into small pieces)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped young ginger
2 tbsp chopped spring onion
3 tbsp cooking oil
Seasoning sauce: (mixed well)
4 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
4 tbsp water
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 3 tbsp of cooking oil. Pan-fry the extra firm tofu until golden brown. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the chopped garlic, young ginger and red onion until fragrant.
- Add in seasoning sauce, bring to a boil and continue to simmer until sauce become thicken.
- Add in red capsicum, English cucumber and pineapple. Stir to combine.
- Add in pan-fried tofu, toss to coat evenly.
- Add in chopped spring onion, stir to combine.
- Dish out and serve with rice.