600g extra firm tofu (cubed)
1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
6 dried chillies (cut into pieces)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped young ginger
6 stalks spring onion (sectioned, white & green part separated)
1 green capsicum (seeded and diced)
½ cup roasted peanuts
3 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp cooking oil
2 tbsp Zhejiang black vinegar
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
2 tsp corn starch
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
2 tbsp water
- Marinate the extra firm tofu with light soy sauce, corn starch and cooking oil. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 3 tbsp of peanut oil. Pan-fry the marinated extra firm tofu until golden brown. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the Sichuan peppercorns until fragrant. Discard the peppercorns.
- Use the infused oil to saute the dried chillies, white part of spring onion, chopped garlic and young ginger until fragrant.
- Add in seasoning sauce and pan-fried tofu, toss to coat evenly.
- Add in green capsicum and roasted peanuts. Toss well.
- Add in green part of spring onion. Stir to combine.
- Dish out and serve with rice.