1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup bread flour
2 tbsp full cream milk powder
1 ½ tbsp honey
1 free range egg
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp instant dried yeast
½ cup water
1 tbsp + 1 tsp canola oil
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup raisins (soaked in water for 30 minutes and drained)
- Add ¼ cup water with instant dried yeast into a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in whole wheat flour, bread flour, full cream milk powder, honey, egg, salt and 1 tbsp of canola oil. Whisk to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture, gradually add in the remaining water and knead into a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a bowl and transfer into the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and roll out into 8-inch square.
- Brush the top with 1 tsp of canola oil, then sprinkle with ground cinnamon, dark brown sugar and raisins.
- Roll up the dough into a tight cylinder; place seam-side down into a 8×4-inch pre-greased loaf pan and transfer into the cold oven for 2nd round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Bake at 180 C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on wire rack before slicing.