200g dried sliced rice cake (soaked in water for 18 hours, until soften and drained)
80g shelled & deveined shrimps
100g cleaned squid (cut into ring)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
100g choysum (sectioned)
80g cabbage (cut into strips)
2 tbsp pork lard
1 tbsp shallot oil
Seasonings: (mixed well)
1 tsp roasted dried flat fish (ground)
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp cooking caramel
¼ tsp sugar
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp concentrated chicken stock
2 tbsp chilli paste
2 tsp shallot oil
A pinch of sal
2 tbsp chopped spring onion
2 tbsp fried shallot
- Heat up a saucepan with 2 tsp of shallot oil. Add in chilli paste, saute until fragrant. Season with salt. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of pork lard and 1 tbsp of shallot oil. Saute the chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in shrimps and squid. Saute until half-cooked.
- Add in choysum and cabbage. Lightly sautéed.
- Add in seasonings. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add in sliced rice cake. Stir to combine and continue to simmer until rice cake absorb most of the sauce.
- Dish out, garnish with chopped spring onion and fried shallot.
- Serve with chilli sauce.