1 ½ cup homemade soy milk
4 cups bread flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp salt
1 ¾ tsp dried instant yeast
30g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
- Add ½ cup of homemade soy milk together with the dried instant yeast into a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, caster sugar and salt. Whisk to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and gradually add in the remaining homemade soy milk and knead into a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface and continue to knead until everything are well incorporated.
- Add in the unsalted butter, knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and place at cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and knead into a log.
- Place dough in a lightly greased 9x4x4-inch Pullman loaf and place in cold oven for 2nd round of proofing until the dough has almost reached the top edge of the pan. Slide the metal cover closed.
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Turn the loaf out onto a rack to cool completely before slicing.