120g frozen raspberry
60g caster sugar
Egg Yolk Batter:
5 egg yolks
40g caster sugar
78g raspberry puree
2 tsp lemon juice
85ml canola oil
120g cake flour
A drop of rose pink food colouring
5 egg whites
85g caster sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
- Raspberry puree – Place raspberries and caster sugar in a saucepan and boil at medium heat. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes and mash raspberries with a wooden spoon. Then press raspberries through a strainer to extract as much liquid ad possible ad set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven at 170C.
- In a mixing bowl, add in egg yolks and caster sugar. Whisk until frothy.
- Add in raspberry puree, lemon juice and a drop of rose pink food colouring. Whisk to combine.
- Add in canola oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add in cake flour. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until bubbles form. Add in cream of tartar. Beat until combine. Mix in 1/3 of caster sugar at a time, and beat well between additions. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon out 1/3 of the beaten egg whites and mix into the egg yolk batter.
- Lightly fold in the rest of the beaten egg whites with a spatula, until just combined.
- Pour batter into a 20cm chiffon cake pan. Level the surface with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 45 minutes.
12. Remove cake from the oven, invert the pan immediately. Allow to cool completely.