Ingredients: (serves 2)
400g fresh udon noodles
180g shrimps (shelled, deveined with the tail intact)
200g squids (cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces)
6 clams (soaked and drained)
½ onion (cubed)
¼ zucchini (cubed)
1 potato (cubed)
1 leave cabbage (cut into pieces)
2 cups water
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
Black bean sauce:
2 tbsp fermented black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp cooking caramel
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 ½ tsp corn starch
½ cup water
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp potato starch mixed with 2 tbsp water
¼ cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- Black bean sauce:
- In a bowl, add in light soy sauce, cooking caramel, Chinese cooking wine, sugar, ground white pepper, corn starch and water. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of peanut oil in a saucepan. Saute the chopped garlic and fermented black beans until fragrant.
- Add in the seasoning sauce prepared in step 1. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Par boil the clam in boiling water until open. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of peanut oil in a non-stick skillet. Add in potato and lightly sautéed.
- Add in onion, cabbage and zucchini. Stir to combine.
- Add in black bean sauce and water. Stir to combine and bring to a boil and continue to simmer until vegetables turn soft.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the fresh udon noodles according to package instructions.
- Remove, drained and divide the udon noodles into 2 separate serving bowl.
- Once the vegetables turn soft. Add in squids, shrimps and clam. Continue to simmer until cooked.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch solution.
- Add in extra virgin sesame oil. Stir to combine.
- Pour ½ portion of the sauce onto each serving bowl with udon noodles. Garnish with shredded cucumber. Serve immediately.