4 free range eggs
165g zucchini (julienned)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
¼ tsp chicken seasoning powder
3 tsp cooking oil (divided)
- Sprinkle the julienned zucchini with salt for 15 minutes and then squeeze out the water. Briefly saute in a heated pan with 1 tsp of cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add in eggs, ground white pepper and chicken seasoning powder and beat thoroughly. Add the sautéed zucchini and mix evenly.
- Heat a tamagoyaki pan on low heat and lightly coat with cooking oil using a silicone brush.
- Drop in a bit of the egg mixture and make sure it sizzles. Ladle the egg mixture into the pan and quickly distribute it. When the egg surface almost dry, roll the egg sheet backwards. Push the egg roll toward the front of the pan and then re-coat the pan with the cooking oil. Make sure the pan is still hot and ladle the egg mixture into it, distributing the egg again. Lift the egg roll and make sure to spread the egg mixture underneath it. When the egg almost firms up, roll it backwards again, adding another layer to the egg roll. Push the roll to the front and coat the pan with the cooking oil again. Repeat the process for 4 times in total. If the egg sheet puffs up, poke it with the chopstick to remove the air, flattening the surface. Finally, gently press the egg roll against the edge of the pan, adjusting the shape.
- Transfer the egg roll onto a cutting board and leave to cool completely.
- Cut the egg roll into 8 equal pieces.
- Serve as a side dish.