Ingredients: (serves 3)
3 packets ramen (discard the seasoning)
2 cups kimchi juice
1 cup chopped kimchi
1 can luncheon meat (cut into 6 slices)
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 slices cheddar cheese
10g peeled anchovy
8g dried kelp
100g radish (thinly sliced)
5 cups water
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 red chilli (sliced)
1 spring onion (shredded)
- Prepare anchovy broth:
- Add peeled anchovy, dried kelp, radish and 5 cups of water into a pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the broth.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Pan-fry the luncheon meat until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in ramen and simmer until cooked. Remove, drained and divide into 3 serving bowl.
- Add 4 cups of anchovy broth, 2 cups of kimchi juice and 1 cup of chopped kimchi to a boil.
- Season with light soy sauce, sugar and extra virgin sesame oil.
- Ladle the piping hot broth into the serving bowls with ramen. Top with cheddar cheese slice and luncheon meat. Garnish with red chilli and shredded spring onion. Serve immediately.