Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Madam Choong’s Noodle Secrets
Ingredients A (Soup):
10 cups water
350g pork bone (scalded, rinsed and drained)
30g baby dried shrimp (washed and sautéed)
30g dried flounder (grilled till crispy)
20g young ginger (washed and smashed)
¼ piece luo han guo / momordica fruit (washed)
2 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp light soy sauce
50g ground pork
200g prawns (shelled and deveined)
100g chicken breast (finely diced)
1 water chestnut (peeled and chopped)
1 tbsp chopped Chinese celery
1 stalk spring onion
10 pieces dumpling wrapper
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
A dash extra virgin sesame oil
A pinch of ground white pepper
- Soup: Bring 10 cups of water to a boil over high heat, add in remaining ingredients A and bring to a boil again. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 4 hours till the soup is reduced to about 5 cups. Strain the soup and add in seasonings, bring to a boil again. Set aside.
- Rub prawns with a little salt, wash and drain. Chop and set aside.
- Separately chopped spring onion leaves and the white part, set aside.
- Separately add a little salt into ground pork, prawn meat, chicken meat, rub by hand till elastic respectively. Combine all and rub thoroughly.
- Combine the mixture with ingredients C and mix evenly. Add in chopped water chestnut, Chinese celery and white part of spring onion, mix well.
- Scoop some filling on a piece of dumpling wrapper and fold into a triangle. (Repeat this step till filling is used up). Drop dumplings into boiling water and blanch for about 3 minutes till cooked. Remove and drain, put in bowl.
- Pour hot soup over and sprinkle with some chopped spring onion and seasonings. Serve hot.