Ingredients: (serves 4)
400g wheat noodles
250g ground pork with 20% fat content
200g napa cabbage (diced)
2 tbsp baby dried shrimps (rinsed and drained)
50g shelled & cooked edamame
3 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 tbsp chopped garlic
6 tbsp shallot oil
1 cup water
1 tbsp sweet bean paste
1 tbsp hot bean paste
1 tbsp cooking caramel
¼ cucumber (shredded)
2 eggs (beaten, pan-fried into crepe and shredded)
- Heat up 2 tbsp of shallot oil in a wok. Add in ground pork, saute until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of shallot oil into the wok. Saute baby dried shrimps, chopped spring onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in diced napa cabbage, saute until tender crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Add in 2 tbsp of shallot oil into the wok. Saute the sweet bean paste, hot bean paste and cooking caramel until fragrant.
- Add in the sautéed ground pork, napa cabbage and 1 cup of water. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium and continue to simmer until the sauce become thicken. Add in shelled and cooked edamame. Stir to combine.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the wheat noodles according to the package instructions. Remove, rinse with cold water and divide into 4 serving bowls.
- Top the noodles with zha jiang sauce, shredded cucumber and eggs. Serve.