400g somyeon (thin noodles)
800g chicken pieces
200g fresh shiitake mushroom (separate the cap and stems)
20g dried longan
20g huai shan
20g lily bulb
10g yu zhu
10g huang qi
3g dang gui
20g dang shen
10 red dates
1 tbsp wolfberry
2 tsp salt
2 stalks spring onion (chopped)
- Rinse and drained the chicken pieces, shiitake mushroom and Chinese herbs.
- Add 2500ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in chicken pieces, shiitake mushroom, dried longan, huai shan, lily bulb, yu zhu, huang qi, dang gui, dang shen and red dates. Bring to a boil again, turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour.
- Skim off the excess fat.
- Add in wolfberry and season with salt.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in somyeon and cook for 3 minutes. Remove, rinse with cold water and divide the noodles into 4 serving bowls.
- Ladle the hot piping herbal chicken soup into the serving bowls with somyeon. Garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve.