365g Korean rice cake (stick type)
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean hot pepper flakes)
1 ½ tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
1 tbsp corn syrup
2 tsp caster sugar
1 ½ tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
½ tsp toasted white sesame seeds
½ tsp toasted black sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, add in gochugaru, gochujang, corn syrup, caster sugar, light soy sauce and chopped garlic. Stir to combine.
- Bring some water to a boil. Blanch the rice cake until soften. Remove and drained.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet over medium heat with 3 tbsp of cooking oil. Fry the rice cakes until crisp and bubbly on the surface.
- Add the seasoning sauce to the fried rice cakes. Reduce heat to low and mix everything so that rice cakes will become covered with the sauce evenly.
- Dish out, garnish with toasted white & black sesame seeds. Serve.