Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Authentic Recipes from Province of Fu Zhou
167g tapioca starch
33g all-purpose flour
1/3 tsp salt
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped shallot
85g sliced pork
100g prawn meat
50g fish cake (sliced)
¾ tsp salt
150g sayur manis
1 tbsp corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Put batter ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until the batter is very smooth. Heat up a non-stick pan and glaze with a little oil. Pour in some batter, swirl to leave the batter coat the pan evenly and pan-fry until cooked. Repeat the same for the remaining batter. Cut the pancake into 1cm width noodles and set aside.
- Soup: Heat up oil, saute chopped garlic and shallot until aromatic. Dish up ½ of them and set aside for later use. Add the sliced pork, prawn meat, fish cake and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add in water, cover with lid and bring to boil. Lower the heat and cook for another 5 minutes. Add in salt, sayur manis and bring to boil.
- Thicken with corn starch water, add in pancake noodles and stir well. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle fried garlic and shallots on top just before serving.