1 cup jasmine rice (rinsed and drained)
1 cup + 2 tbsp water
110g yam (cut into pieces)
100g pork belly (cut into thin strips)
4 dried shiitake mushroom (soaked until soften, discard the stem and slice the caps)
2 tbsp dried shrimps (rinsed and drained)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
50g shallots (peeled and sliced)
¼ cup cooking oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp cooking caramel
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 stalk spring onion (sliced diagonally)
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with ¼ cup of cooking oil. Sauté the sliced shallots until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Leave 2 tbsp of shallot oil in the skillet. Saute the chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in pork belly strips, sauté until no longer pink.
- Add in dried shrimps and shiitake mushroom. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add in yam and seasonings. Stir to combine. Transfer to a steaming plate together with the jasmine rice and water. Stir to combine.
- Steam at preheated steamer until cooked. Turn off heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Dish out, garnish with fried shallot and sliced spring onion. Serve.