1 cup jasmine rice (rinsed and drained)
1 cup water
400g chicken drumsticks (chop into pieces)
1 piece Chinese sausage (sliced)
1 tbsp chopped young ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
½ tsp cooking caramel
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
½ tsp sugar
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
2 tbsp sliced spring onion
- Combine the chicken pieces with the marinade ingredients. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the marinated chicken pieces from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking time.
- Add the jasmine rice and water into the claypot. Add lid and bring to a boil. Continue to cook until water almost dried up.
- Open lid, arrange chicken pieces and sausage on the rice, add lid and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat, keep warm for 5 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with sliced spring onion.