1 no x 1.6kg whole chicken (cleaned and cut into pieces)
4 red onions (sliced)
4 red chilies (sliced)
¼ cup cooking oil
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
¼ cup cooking caramel
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat up a wok with ¼ cup of cooking oil. Sauté the sliced red onions until fragrant.
- Add in sliced red chilies, sauté until the red onion become translucent.
- Add in chicken pieces, sauté until no longer pink.
- Add in sugar, salt and cooking caramel. Stir to combine. Continue to cook until the chicken are fully cooked through and the sauce become thicken.
- Add in lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Dish out and serve with steamed rice.