1.2kg chicken drumsticks
1 pkt A1 herbal soup spices consists of angelica pepper, aralia cordata, sinensis, cinnamon, paurantii, star anise & cigusticum
1 whole garlic
100g enoki mushroom (discard the bottom and separate by hands)
100g fried fuchok
60g tofu puffs
2 tbsp wolfberry (rinsed and drained)
1 tbsp cooking caramel
¼ cup light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
¼ tsp ground white pepper
Some cilantro leaves
- Add 2000ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in herbal soup spices, whole garlic, and chicken drumsticks and bring to a boil again.
- Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1hour.
- Meanwhile, scald the fried fuchok and tofu puffs in boiling water to get rid of excessive oil. Remove and drained.
- Add in seasonings into the soup, follow by fried fuchok, tofu puffs, enoki mushroom and wolfberry. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat.
- Heat up a large clay pot, transfer the chick kut teh into the clay pot to keep warm, garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice together with you tiao, bird’s eye chilli and chopped garlic.