2 chicken whole legs (chop into pieces)
100g beancurd sticks (break into pieces)
Adequate cooking oil
2 cups water
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking caramel
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
2 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp corn starch mixed with ¼ cup water
- Marinate the chicken pieces with marinade ingredients. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the beancurd sticks in batches until they are blister all over. Remove and soak in the water to soften and remove excessive oil. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a wok, add in marinated chicken pieces, sauté until no longer pink.
- Add in beancurd sticks and water. Bring to a boil. Covered and continue to simmer until the chicken fully cooked, beancurd sticks turn soft and the sauce reduced.
- Thicken the sauce with corn starch solution.
- Dish out and serve with steamed rice.