1 packet bak kut teh spices
10 dried shiitake mushrooms (soaked until soften, discard the stem, cut the caps into half, reserved the soaking water)
6 cups water
1 no whole garlic
150g shimeji mushroom (discard the bottom)
100g enoki mushroom (discard the bottom)
300g firm bean curd (cubed)
60g bean curd puff
100g fried fuchok
2 tbsp wolfberry (rinsed and drained)
1 ½ tsp salt
Some shredded spring onion
- Add 6 cups of water together with 2 cups of soaking water for shiitake mushrooms into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in shiitake mushrooms, whole garlic and bak kut teh spices. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pan-fried the firm bean curd. Blanch the bean curd puff and fried fuchok in boiling water to remove excessive oil. Remove and drained.
- Once the soup is ready. Discard the bak kut teh spices sachet.
- Add in shimeji mushroom, enoki mushroom, fried bean curd, bean curd puff, fried fuchok and wolfberry. Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt.
- Transfer the vegetarian bak kut teh into a large claypot. Garnish with shredded spring onion.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and you tiao.