300g bitter melon (cut into half lengthwise, deseeded and cut into slices)
150g roasted pork (cut into pieces)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 inch young ginger (chopped)
3 dried chilies (cut into pieces)
3 tbsp fermented black bean (chopped)
2 tbsp cooking oil
¼ cup water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp fish sauce
Thickener: (mixed well)
½ tsp corn starch
1 tbsp water
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Sauté the chopped garlic, ginger, dried chilies and fermented black bean until fragrant.
- Add in bitter melon and water. Constantly stir-frying until almost cooked.
- Add in roasted pork and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Thicken the sauce with corn starch solution.
- Dish out and serve with steamed rice.