Tested Recipe Adapted from Patricia Lee’s Classic Nyonya Dishes
300g sotong (squids)
3 tbsps sambal tumis
30g asam paste
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp sugar
A pinch of salt
2 tbsps oil
- Clean and bone sotong. Remove the eyes and ink sac.
- Cut sotong into rings.
- Blanch sotong for a while. Drain and rinse. Drain and set aside.
- Mix asam paste with water until it dissolves completely.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Stir fry petai shortly until colour changes. Remove and set aside.
- Add sambal tumis and asam juice into a wok. Fry over medium heat for a while. Add sotong and petai. Stir fry over high heat for a while. Add lime juice, sugar and salt to taste. Serve.